Thursday, January 19, 2012

Splatter It!

I wanted to have a new tablecloth to use for school days and for our art class.  I wanted the little ones in our Homegrown Preschool to create it for me.  I went to the thrift store and bought a plain white, twin flat sheet.  I brought it home and bleached it.  Now it was ready for the kiddos to paint it for me.


I remember learning about Jackson Polluc in college.  I was struck with his method of painting.  He would fling, flick, and pour paint on his canvases.

Who would love doing that more than a bunch of preschoolers?  So that's what I set up for them.  I put out many colors of slightly water downed acrylic paint and paint brushes.  I spread the sheet out on the grass and showed the munchkins how to fling the paint onto it.


Needless to say, they loved it!  The end result was beautiful, and after each art class a little more beauty will be added to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment